Friday, June 8, 2012

Forest Friends Baby Quilt

A good friend of mine is about to become a grandmother.
Seriously she is too young to be a grandmother!!

I'm so excited for the big changes her family is about to embrace and I just 
know that this little boy is already so lucky to belong to such amazing parents to be. 
They are young parents (by today's standards anyway) and I know they will be such fun,
loving parents.


As I've said here before, I'm learning how to free motion quilt and decided 
that this would a perfect opportunity to test out my skillz.


I bought a panel of flannel fabric called 'Forest Friends' by Mint Blossom with 
coordinating leaf fabric for the binding. 


The backing isn't part of the collection but thought it matched so well.
And it's such a fun, playful print.

This is where I learned that I prefer quilting in larger, more free flowing patterns!!


But all in all, it was great practice and most importantly, I think our mom-to-be was happy to have received it. 

Congratulations Tori and Simon!


7 comments:

  1. I'm in love with the owls on the quilt! What a wonderful gift for a new baby!
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks awesome Jo!!! You almost make me want to quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, Jo, you are super talented. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you buy the panel directly from Mint Blossom?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Frances, no I bought it at a local quilt shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this!! I'm having a forest theme for my baby's nursery and I cannot find a nice quilt, that doesn't come in a set. I wish I could buy this!! lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...